HOME1 ABOUT hire facebook 365

Thursday, April 11, 2013

365 Project | Day 101 | Lived to share the river story

Today we went down to the river because I thought the willow trees made for a photo that mirrored the weather.

Dreary. Miserable. Depressing.


We stopped on the main road and took a walk down, but in search for a better angle, we drove around and followed along the riverbed till I found a good enough angle of the trees.
Now anyone in Newcastle knows, this is neither the safest nor the most hygenic place to be. 
It's ridden with homeless folk, horny couples and one or two criminal-looking fellas.
But we took the chance. All for this 365 Project! 
So anyway... the willow photo was rubbish. The trees looked filthy and the river even more so. 
No surprise there. 
As I turned to head back to the car and resort to another plan for my 365, I bumped into a rugged-looked man. 
To say the temperature dropped another 10 degrees would be an understatement.
Husband was too far from me. 
It was just me and ruggedy-face.
Along the Ncandu River.
I could already see the Advertiser's front page next week. 'EDITOR DUMPED IN NCANDU RIVER'. That probably wouldn't fit; EDITOR DUMPED.  

I exaggerate. 
Thank goodness.

Ruggedy-face wasn't all that scary and just wanted to do some fishing along the bank. Of course, this fascinated the husband and he landed up chatting to the man about the barbels Ruggedy was about to catch in the filthy river. 
What would he use to catch the barbel? Earthworms. 
So while husband went, "Ah! Cool!",  I went, "Ah, let me see..." and snapped them up with my camera.  365 Project sorted for the day.


Kinda gross, I know. 
But at least I lived to share it. 

The photo you probably would've got today had I not bumped into Ruggedy: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

file:///Users/tanyadossantos/Downloads/pinterest-d896c.html